ALIAS’s new season of unique performances opens Tuesday, October 22, with works by three living, American, female composers: Pulitzer-Prizing winning Caroline Shaw, Tennessee native Jennifer Higdon (also a Pulitzer Prize winner) and Guggenheim Fellow Margaret Brouwer. The concert will also feature Kenji Bunch, whose music ALIAS has championed and recorded for years. Adding a bit of contrast is an early Baroque sonata by Baroque Italian master Giovanni Pandolfi.
• Kenji Bunch Suite for viola and piano (1998)
• Caroline Shaw “Cantico delle creature” (2013, World Premiere)
• Giovanni Antonio Pandolfi Mealli Sonatas for violin and continuo (1660)
• Jennifer Higdon “An Exaltation of Larks” for string quartet (2005)
• Margaret Brouwer “Demeter Prelude” for string quartet (1997)
• Nonprofit Partner: Better Decisions
Concert Information: Date:
Tuesday, October 22
Time: 8:00 p.m.
Location: Turner Hall, Blair School of Music, Vanderbilt University
Purchase tickets here
Click here for the complete 2013-2014 Concert Season schedule.