Hello, ALIAS fans, supporters and friends. Here’s a brief rundown of tidbits, details and recent fun facts about ALIAS.
Did you know?
- On Dec. 10, 2010, ALIAS appeared on the nationally syndicated American Public Media program “Performance Today,” and it was broadcast nationwide on NPR. The performance included five of the eight movements from Hilos, a new work by composer Gabriela Lena Frank. Listen to the performance by clicking THIS LINK HERE.
- ALIAS friend and supporter Gabriela Lena Frank is the recipient of a 2010 United States Artists Fellowship. Each year, United States Artists honors 50 of America’s finest artists with individual fellowships of $50,000 – unrestricted funds awarded across eight disciplines. Congratulations, Gabriela!
- ALIAS musicians Zeneba Bowers, Lee Levine and Matt Walker joined Latin Grammy Award-winning composer and Guggenheim fellow Gabriela Lena Frank for a performance at the esteemed Schubert Club of St. Paul, Minnesota, on Nov. 16, 2010.
- Artist Ron York, a long-time friend and supporter of ALIAS, has opened a new gallery. York & Friends Fine Art is located at 107 Harding Place at Harding Road (in the former Made in France building across from Whitfields). The gallery is open Tuesday thru Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Congratulations and much success, Ron!
- ALIAS is online at www.aliasmusic.org. Visit the site to purchase concert tickets, make a donation and stay abreast of ALIAS and industry news. You can also follow ALIAS on Facebook and Twitter, keyword “Alias.”