ALIAS Series Concerts are at 8 PM in Turner Hall
(Blair School of Music, Vanderbilt University)
Tickets: $15, $5 for Students w/ ID
ALIAS Spring Concert – Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Continuing the roll-out of its recording project, ALIAS teams up with Nashville vocal ensemble Portara to present two more of Paul Moravec’s works: Sacred Love Songs, and the World Premiere of “Amorisms”, which has been commissioned by ALIAS, Portara, and the Nashville Ballet. Also on the program are a trio by Maurice Ravel and works by Douglas Hill and ALIAS cellist Matt Walker, both influenced by American folk/pop idioms.
• Maurice Ravel Sonatine en Trio for flute, cello, and harp (1905)
• Douglas Hill “A Set of Songs and Dances” for clarinet, horn, vibraphone, and bass (2006)
• Paul Moravec Sacred Love Songs for string quartet and SATBB voices (2012)
• Matt Walker “Grooves” for string quartet (2013)
• Paul Moravec “Amorisms” for clarinet, string quartet and SSATB voices (2014, World Premiere)
• Nonprofit Partner: Students Taking a Right Stand (STARS)
Funding for ALIAS performances is provided in part by the Tennessee Arts Commission and the Metro Arts Commission.
Ballet Performance at Martin Center:
May 29-31, 2014
“Emergence” with the Nashville Ballet and Portara, featuring all the Moravec works on the CD. Click here for tickets.