ALIAS presents its Winter Concert which features music from the early 1600s to 2002. The concert is bookended by Bartok and Barber. Barber’s String Quartet No. 1 is rarely heard, with the exception of the very famous second movement, “Adagio”.
The concert also features “Ill” by Judd Greenstein, for two violins, marimba and drum set. Rounding out the program are two early Italian baroque pieces for violin and continuo.
- Bela Bartok: Rhapsody No. 1 for cello and piano (1928)
- Judd Greenstein: III for two violins, marimba and drum set (2002)
- Dario Castello: Sonata I for violin and continuo (1629)
- Giovanni Paolo Cima: Sonata for violin and continuo (1610)
- Samuel Barber: String Quartet No. 1 (1936)