ALIAS was created by a group of musicians with a desire for two things: an opportunity to perform chamber music on their own terms and a chance to make a difference in the Nashville community. This desire to give something back led ALIAS to adopt three nonprofit partners each season and to share the spotlight with one nonprofit at each of its series performances. This “spotlight” nonprofit partner is not only given the opportunity to share its message with the audience, but also receives 100 percent of the proceeds from that concert…no strings attached.
Current Season Partners
Miriam’s Promise: Pregnancy, Parenting & Adoption Services was originally established in January, 1985. Originally intended to be a small satellite office for the middle Tennessee area, Miriam’s Promise quickly grew in response to the need for services.
The King’s Daughters Child Development Center was founded in 1965 and opened in 1966 to provide child care and educational programs for children from financially challenged families. The MISSION of the Child Development Center is “to provide an exceptional early childhood environment for children and families in need.” The Center offers a loving, academically and socially stimulating environment for children, so that parents can attend school or work, knowing that their children are being well cared for.
Past Nonprofit Partners
- Better Decisions
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- CASA Nashville
- Charles Davis Foundaton
- Community Resource Center
- Conexión Américas
- Dismas House of Nashville
- East Nashville Center for the Creative Arts
- Hands on Nashville
- Martha O’Bryan Center
- Maternal Infant Health Outreach Worker program
- Montessori School of Franklin
- Nashville Adult Literacy Council
- Nashville Cares
- Oasis Center
- Outlook Nashville Early Childhood Center (merged; is now First Steps Nashville)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee Kids Cafe
- Shade Tree Family Clinic
- Tennessee Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- W.O. Smith / Nashville Community Music School
- Progress Inc – Helping adults in Nashville, TN with disabilities enjoy happy, health, safe lives.
- Exchange Club Family Center – Nashville & Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Next Stage Inc.